Jax Defeats Dehydration in San Francisco
Official Rules, November 2017
- Promotion Description: DripDrop ORS (the “Sponsor”) is offering “Jax Defeats Dehydration in San Francisco Prize Pack” (the “Promotion”) and will determine winners on the basis of random selection. The promotion begins November 14 and ends at midnight on November 19th, 2017. (“Promotion Period.”).
- Eligibility: The Promotion is open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia (excluding Puerto Rico and all other U.S. territories and possessions and overseas military installations) who are eighteen (18) years of age. Employees, officers and directors of Sponsor, its advertising, promotional, fulfillment and marketing agencies (collectively the “Promotion Entities”), their immediate families (parent, grandparent, child, sibling and spouse) and persons living in the same households as such individuals (whether related or not), are not eligible to participate in the Promotion. Void in Puerto Rico, all other U.S. territories and possessions and overseas military installations and where prohibited or otherwise restricted by law, rule or regulation. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
- How to Enter: Use the hashtag #defeatdehydration and post a picture of you defeating dehydration and tag friend. If you are entering with the use of a mobile device, message, data rates and other charges may apply; check your mobile plan for rates and details. To enter without submitting a photo, hand print your first/last name, email address and phone number on a 3”x5” card and mail in a hand addressed envelope to: Drip Drop Hydration 1144 65th Street, Suite C, Oakland, CA 94608. Mailed entries must be postmarked no later than Friday, November 17th and received no later than Wednesday, November 22, 2017. There is a limit of (1) entry per person per day, regardless of entry method used. A day is defined as any twenty-four (24) hour period during the Promotion Period that begins 12:00:01AM PT and ends at 11:59:59 PM PT. If submitting a photo do so with the clear understanding it will be posted on a public website(s) for public viewing. Your photo should comply with the following: Do not feature images of any person other than yourself and/or your immediate family and friends; i.e. individuals whom you know and have given you their permission to appear in the Photo. By including any such person in your Photo you warrant you have their express permission to appear and can provide written proof of such if requested by the Sponsor. Do not include images of any object, location or building with brand names or logos, other than the DripDrop name or logo. (If your Photo includes logos or branded images, Sponsor has the right to remove the infringing image(s) or to disqualify your Photo and entry.) Your Photo must (a) be totally original, cannot be previously published or appear anywhere else and CANNOT contain any third party copyright protected material (including but not limited to logos, artwork or locations) or otherwise infringe on the intellectual, property or other rights of a third party; (b) must be suitable for general audiences (i.e., may not be political, discriminatory, religious or obscene or indecent, including but not limited to nudity, pornography, violent or profane depictions) and (c) must not depict or in any way violate any law or regulation. Your photo must not depict the Sponsor negatively. In Sponsor’s sole opinion, Photos which do not meet any of these requirements and/or which Sponsor deems negative, offensive or controversial in any way will be disqualified and removed from public view. Without in any way limiting, expanding or amending the Terms of Service at https://dripdrop.com/pages/privacy, which shall remain in full force and effect, if Sponsor is duly notified that any element of an entrant’s Photo infringes upon the rights of another person and/or receives a legally valid request to remove or invalidate the affected Photo because of such infringement, such Photo may be removed and disqualified from the Promotion, as Sponsor may determine in its sole discretion. By entering, you agree that you are giving Sponsor the right to post your Photo on its website and/or public websites and social channels where it maintains accounts. Additionally, by entering the Promotion, you agree you are assigning and herby assign full and complete ownership of all intellectual property rights in and to your Photo and all usage rights therein to the Sponsor for the use in and in relation to any of its products and the advertising, marketing, promotion and exploitation thereof in exchange for no royalties or compensation of any kind.
- Grand Prizes: 1 winner will be randomly selected and each will receive DripDrop jersey, Stoked Roasters Coffee, 100 count of DripDrop sticks, and a DripDrop water bottle. There is a total of one prize package with a total approximate retail value of $500.00. The odds of winning depend upon the total number of eligible entries received. All federal, state and other taxes on prizes are the sole responsibility of the applicable winner. There are no prize substitutions or options available. No prize recipient shall be permitted to replace his/her designated prize with another prize or item or redeem his/her prize or any portion of the prize for cash. Promotion Entities reserve the right, exercisable at any time in their sole discretion, to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. Any costs associated with any prize acceptance and use not specified herein as being provided, is the winner’s sole responsibility.
- General: Winners will be randomly selected in a drawing conducted on or about November 27, 2017. Potential winners will be contacted by the email address associated with their entry (“Prize Notification”). Failure to return the PCD within the designated time period will result in disqualification and forfeiture of the prize. Any unclaimed prizes will not be awarded. All entrants agree to comply with each provision in these Official Rules. Any person attempting to defraud or in any way tamper with this Promotion and any person who does not comply with these Official Rules, will be ineligible for any prize(s) and may be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. If, during the entry period, for reasons beyond the Sponsor’s control (including, but not limited to, tampering or computer virus infection), the Promotion is not capable of running as originally planned, the Sponsor, at its sole discretion, reserves the right to cancel or modify the Promotion, without liability and to the extent feasible, will determine winners and award prizes among entries received prior to cancellation or modification. Sponsor is not responsible for Internet, computer hardware or software, phone, and other technical errors, malfunctions, and delays. Entries, which are incomplete, inaccurate, irregular, or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules, are void.
- Right to Use Your Work and Information About You: By submitting an entry, you (a) represent and warrant that your Photo is your wholly original work, not previously published, and does not incorporate anything that is owned by any third party or would require the consent of any third party and your Photo does not violate any copyright, trademark, publicity right, privacy right or any other right of any other third party; (b) agree with all terms and conditions set forth in these Official Rules; (c) warrant that you have the express permission of any individual appearing in your Photo the right to use their image and if requested by the Sponsor can provide written proof of such; (d) automatically grant the Sponsor an exclusive, world-wide, royalty-free, irrevocable license to use, reproduce, create derivative works from, modify, publish, edit, translate, distribute and display your Photo; (e) agree that upon selection as a winner of any prize, you agree that your Photo shall legally be considered a “work made for hire,” with all rights therein, including, without limitation, the exclusive copyright, transferred to and being the property of the Sponsor; (f) agree that upon selection as a winner of any prize, in the event your Entry is considered not to be a “work made for hire,” you irrevocably assign to the Sponsor all right, title, and interest in and to your Photo (including, without limitation, the copyright) in any and all media whether known or hereafter devised, in perpetuity, anywhere in the world, with the right to make any and all uses thereof, including, without limitation, for purposes of advertising or trade; and (g) agree that by submitting an entry, you grant to the Sponsor the right to sell and otherwise distribute your Photo on any of its websites, social media sites or in any of its advertising and/or products without compensation. The rights granted under this paragraph shall extend to the Sponsor and its affiliated companies with respect to all entries and all other submitted materials related to the Promotion, including those submitted by non-winners and winners. By submitting an entry, you grant to the Sponsor and its affiliated companies the right, except where prohibited by law, to use your name, likeness, picture, address (city and state), voice, biographical information, the Photo in your entry and written or oral statements, for advertising and promotional purposes in promoting or publicizing the Sponsor, its products or services, without compensation unless required by law. You shall have no right of approval, no claim to compensation, and no claim (including, without limitation, claims based on invasion of privacy, defamation, or right of publicity) arising out of any use, blurring, alteration, or use in composite form of your name, picture, likeness, address (city and state), biographical information, or entry. The rights granted under this paragraph shall extend to the Sponsor, its affiliated companies with respect to all entrants in the Promotion, including non-winners and winners. The Sponsor however, does not have any obligation to use the winning or non-winning entries for any purpose.
- General: All federal, state, and other taxes on prizes are the sole responsibility of the applicable winner(s). There are no prize substitutions or options available. No prize recipient shall be permitted to replace his/her designated prize with another prize or item, transfer any prize or redeem his/her prize or any portion of the prize for cash. All entrants agree to comply fully with each provision in these Official Rules. Any person attempting to defraud or in way tamper with this Promotion and any person who does not comply with these Official Rules, will be ineligible for any prize(s) and may be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. If, during the Promotion Period, for reasons beyond the Sponsor’s control (including, but not limited to, tampering or computer virus infection), the Promotion is not capable of running as originally planned, the Sponsor, at its sole discretion, reserves the right to cancel or modify the Promotion, without liability and, to the extent feasible, will determine winners from among entries received prior to cancellation of modification. No automated entry devices and/or programs permitted. All entries, including Photos, become the sole and exclusive property of Sponsor and receipt of entries will not be acknowledged or returned. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, stolen, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, postage-due, misdirected, technically corrupted or garbled entries, which will be disqualified, or for problems of any kind whether mechanical, human or electronic. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor.
- Release of Liability and Issues of Law: By participating, all entrants release DripDrop, its affiliates, partners, subsidiaries, and advertising, promotion, fulfillment and marketing agencies and all of their respective officers, directors, agents, employees and all entities associated with the development and execution of this Promotion (collectively, “Released Parties”) from any and all liability with respect to and in any way arising from participating in this Promotion and/or acceptance or use of any prize. Released Parties are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, damaged, inaccurate, stolen, delayed, misdirected, undelivered, or garbled Entries; or for lost, interrupted or unavailable network, server, Internet service Provider (ISP), website, or other connections, availability, or accessibility or miscommunications or failed computer, satellite, telephone, or cable transmissions, lines, or technical failure or jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions or computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties, or other errors of difficulties of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, computer, network, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to or in connection with the administration of the Promotion, or the announcement of the prizes. Released Parties are also not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by site users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion. Release Parties are not responsible for injury or damage to any person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in this Promotion or downloading materials from or use of the website. Persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of the Promotion or website, who act in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner or who are in violation of these Official Rules, as solely determined by Sponsor, will be disqualified and all associated Entries will be void. Should any portion of the promotion be, in Sponsor’s sole opinion, compromised by virus, worms, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes which, in the sole opinion of the Sponsor, corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play, of Entry or Entries, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to suspend, modify or terminate the Promotion and, if terminated, at its discretion and to the extent possible, determine winners from all eligible, non-suspect Entries received prior to action taken. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND OTHER REMEDIES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION. This Promotion is governed by all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations are applicable. THE CALIFORNIA COURTS (STATE AND FEDERAL) SHALL HAVE SOLE JURISDICTION OF ANY CONTROVERSIES REGARDING THE PROMOTION AND THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA SHALL GOVERN THE PROMOTION. EACH ENTRANT WAIVES ANY AND ALL OBJECTIONS TO JURISDICTION AND VENUE IN THOSE COURTS AND HEREBY SUBMITS TO THE JURISDICTION OF THOSE COURTS.
- Information about the Winners: For the names of winners, send an addressed, postage-affixed envelope to: Drip Drop Hydration 1144 65th Street, Suite C, San Francisco, CA 94608. Requests must be received no later than December 30, 2017.
- Communication: If you have any questions or comments regarding this Promotion, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. This Promotion is advertised on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter with potential for other social media sites. However, none of these social media sites are Sponsors of or in any way affiliated with the Promotion. Any communication regarding this Promotion should be directed only to the Sponsor as indicated above.